1. Which of the following is not the characteristic of a computer?
(A) computer is an electrical machine
(B) computer cannot think at its own
(C) computer processes information error free
(D) computer can hold data for any length of time
2. What is the intersection of a column and a row on a worksheet called ?
(A) Column (B) Value
(C) Address (D) Cell
3. This type of software is designed for users who want to customize the programs they use.
(A) freeware (B) open-source software
(C) shareware (D) None of these
4. ICT Stands for
(A) International Communication Technology
(B) Intera Common Terminology
(C) Information and Communication Technology
(D) Inter Connected Terminals
5. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(A) Computer is capable of processing only digital signal
(B) Computer is capable of analysing both quantitative and qualitative data
(C) Appropriate software is required for processing the data
(D) Computer is capable of processing digital as well as analog signals
6. Which of the following is the appropriate definition of Information Technology?
(A) Information Technology refers to the use of hardware and software for processing information
(B) Information Technology refers to the use of hardware and software for distribution of useful information
(C) Information Technology refers to the use of hardware and software for storage, retrieval, processing and distributing information of many kinds
(D) Information Technology refers to the use of principles of Physical sciences and Social sciences for processing of information of many kinds
7. Which of the following statement is correct ?
(A) Virus improves the speed of processing information through computer
(B) Internet does not allow the virus to spread
(C) Virus is a part of software
(D) Virus is an operating system
8. Which of the following is correct statement?
(A) Computers can be used for diagnosing the difficulty of a student in learning a subject
(B) Psychological testing can be done with the help of computer provided a software is available
(C) A set of instructions is called a programme
(D) All of the above
9. A set of step-by-step procedures for accomplishing a task is known as a(n) …………
(A) algorithm (B) hardware program
(C) Software bug (D) firmware program
10. Which of the following is not true about RAM ?
(A) RAM is a temporary storage area
(B) RAM is the same as hard disk storage
(C) RAM is volatile
(D) Information stored in RAM is gone when you turn the Computer off