21. If the number of leaves in a strictly binary tree is an odd number, then what can you say with full conviction about total number of nodes in the tree?
(A) It is an odd number.
(B) It is an even number.
(C) It cannot be equal to the number of leaves.
(D) It is always greater than twice the number of leaves.
22. The number of edges in a complete graph of n vertices is
(B) n(n – 1)/2
(C) n(n + 1)/2
23. At a hill station, the parking lot is one long drive way snaking up a hill side. Cars drive in and park right behind the car in front of them, one behind another. A car can’t leave until all the cars in front of it have left. Is the parking lot more like
(A) An array
(B) A stack
(C) A queue
(D) A linked list
24. With regard to linked list, which of the following statement is false?
(A) An algorithm to search for an element in a singly linked list requires 0(n) operations in the worst case.
(B) An algorithm for deleting the first element in a singly linked list requires 0(n) operations in the worst case.
(C) An algorithm for finding the maximum value in a circular linked list requires 0(n) operations.
(D) An algorithm for deleting the middle node of a circular linked list requires 0(n) operations.
25. A hash function f defined as f(key) = key mod 7, with linear probing used to resolve collisions. Insert the keys 37, 38, 72, 48, 98 and 11 into the table indexed from 0 to 6. What will be the location of 11?
26. Device on one network can communicate with devices on another network via a
(B) Utility server
(C) File server
27. What is the maximum window size in sliding window protocol used in a computer network?
28. Which of the following are Data Link Layer standard?
3. Frame Relay
4. 10 – Base T
5. Token Ring
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 1, 3, 5
(C) 1, 3, 4, 5
(D) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
29. In case of Bus/Tree topology signal balancing issue is overcome by
(D) Strong transmitter
30. Match the following :
(ii) Token Ring
(iii) Cut-through switch
(iv) Spanning tree
(b) Utilize the full wire speed
(c) Prevent looping
(d) Checking valid address
(A) i – d, ii – a, iii – b, iv – c
(B) i – a, ii – d, iii – b, iv – c
(C) i – d, ii – d, iii – c, iv – b
(D) i – d, ii – c, iii – b, iv – a