1. Which one of the following software applications would be the most appropriate for performing numerical and statistical calculations?
(A) Database (B) Document processor
(C) Graphics package (D) Spreadsheet
2. In order to save an existing document with a different name you need to …………
(A) Retype the document and give it a different name
(B) Use the Save as... command
(C) Copy and paste the original document to a new document and then save
(D) Use Windows Explorer to copy the document to a different location and then
3. What is the name for the process that is used to convert a series of instructions, or program, written in a high-level language into instructions (or a program) that can be run on a computer?
(B) Assembling (B) Compiling
(C) Translating (D) Uploading
4. To access properties of an object, the mouse technique to use is:
(A) right-clicking (B) shift-clicking
(C) dragging (D) dropping
5. What type of resource is most likely to be a shared common resource in a computer network?
(A) keyboards (B) speakers
(C) floppy disk drives (D) printers
6. To "maximize" a window means to ……….....
(A) fill it to capacity (B) expand it to fit the desktop
(C) put only like files inside (D) drag it to the Recycle Bin
7. The "home page" of a web site is …………….
(A) the largest page (B) the last page
(C) the first page (D) the most colorful page
8. A personal computer is
(A) MC (B) SC
(C) YC (D) PC
9. Saving is the process of ………….
(A) copying a document from memory to a storage medium
(B) making changes to a document's existing content
(C) changing the appearance, or overall look, of a document
(D) developing a document by entering text using a keyboard
10. To find a saved document in the computer's memory and bring it up on the screen to view.
(A) reverse (B) rerun
(C) retrieve (D) return