1. Normally which of the following is costlier ?
(A) Server (B) Main frame computer
(C) Personal computer (D) Laptop computer
2. The …………. tells the computer how to use its components.
(A) utility (B) network
(C) application program (D) operating system
3. A dialogue between a human-being and a computer programme that occurs simultaneously in various forms is described as
(A) man-machine speak (B) binary chat
(C) digital talk (D) interactivity
4. Which one of the following is not a network device ?
(A) Router (B) Switch
(C) Hub (D) CPU
5. A compiler is used to convert the following to object code which can be executed
(A) High-level language (B) Low-level language
(C) Assembly language (D) Natural language
6. Which number system is usually followed in a typical 32-bit computer ?
(A) 2 (B) 8
(C) 10 (D) 16
7. Which one of the following is an example of Operating System ?
(A) Microsoft Word (B) Microsoft Excel
(C) Microsoft Access (D) Microsoft Windows
8. DNS in internet technology stands for
(A) Dynamic Name System (B) Domain Name System
(C) Distributed Name System (D) None of these
9. HTML stands for
(A) Hyper Text Markup Language
(B) Hyper Text Manipulation Language
(C) Hyper Text Managing Links
(D) Hyper Text Manipulating Links
10. Processed data is called:
(A) Data base (B) File
(C) Information (D) Sample