41. Assertion (A): Aerosols have potential for modifying climate
Reason (R): Aerosols interact with both short waves and radiation
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
42. 'SITE' stands for:
(A) System for International technology and Engineering
(B) Satellite Instructional Television Experiment
(C) South Indian Trade Estate
(D) State Institute of Technology and Engineering
43. What is the name of the Research station established by the Indian Government for 'Conducting Research at Antarctic?
(A) Dakshin Gangotri (B) Yamunotri
(C) Uttari Gangotri (D) None of the above
44. Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) includes:
(A) Department of Elementary Education and Literacy
(B) Department of Secondary Education and Higher Education
(C) Department of Women and Child Development
(D) All the above
45. Parliament can legislate on matters listed in the State list:
(A) With the prior permission of the President.
(B) Only after the constitution is amended suitably.
(C) In case of inconsistency among State legislatures.
(D) At the request of two or more States.
The following pie chart indicates the expenditure of a country on various sports during a particular year. Study the pie chart and answer it Question Number 46 to 50.
46. The ratio of the total expenditure on football to that of expenditure on hockey is:
(A) 1:15 (B) 1:1
(C) 15:1 (D) 3:20
47. If the total expenditure on sports during the year was Rs. 1,20,000,00 how much was spent on basket ball?
(A) Rs. 9,50,000 (B) Rs. 10,00,000
(C) Rs. 12,00,000 (D) Rs. 15,00,000
48. The chart shows that the most popular game of the country is :
(A) Hockey (B) Football
(C) Cricket (D) Tennis
49. Out of the following country's expenditure is the same on :
(A) Hockey and Tennis (B) Golf and Basket ball
(C) Cricket and Football (D) Hockey and Golf
50. If the total expenditure on sport during the year was Rs. 1,50,00,000 the expenditure on cricket and hockey together was:
(A) Rs. 60,00,000 (B) Rs. 50,00,000
(C) Rs. 37,50,000 (D) Rs. 25,00,000