1. Which one of the following is not an Operating System ?
(A) IBM AIX (B) Linux
(C) Sun Solaris (D) Firefox
2. Which of the following represents one billion characters?
(A) Terabyte (B) Kilobyte
(C) Megabyte (D) Gigabyte
1 byte may hold 1 character
1000 bytes=1 kilobyte
10002 bytes=1 megabyte
10003 bytes=1 gigabyte
3. Which one of the following represents the binary equivalent of the decimal number 25?
(A) 11011 (B) 10101
(C) 01101 (D) 11001
4. Encoding or scrambling data for transmission across a network is known as:
(A) Decryption (B) Protection
(C) Detection (D) Encryption
5. When a file contains Instructions that can be carried out by the Computer, it is often called a(n) ………….. file.
(A) data (B) Information
(C) executable (D) application
6. Computers use the …………. number system to store data and perform calculations.
(A) octal (B) hexadecimal
(C) binary (D) decimal
7. ……………… helps in capturing row data and entering into Computer System.
(A) CPU (B) Integrated Circuit
(C) Input device (C) Motherboard
8. This technology allows a phone call to be routed over network wires.
(A) VOIP (B) teleconferencing
(C) video-conferencing (D) None of these
9. Which is an instant messenger that is used for chatting?
(A) Google Talk (B) AltaVista
(C) MAC (D) Microsoft Office
10. Which of the following is not an output device?
(A) Keyboard (B) Printer
(C) Speaker (D) Monitor