1. WWW means …………..
(A) World Wide Wonder (B) World Wide Wizard
(C) World Wide Web (D) Wide World Web
2. What is the difference between a CD-ROM and a CD-RW?
(A) just two different terms used by different manufacturers
(B) A CD-ROM can be written to and a CD-RW cannot
(C) A CD-RW can be written to but a CD-ROM can only be read from
(D) A CD-ROM holds more Information than a CD-RW
3. Holding the mouse button down while moving an object or text is known as …………
(A) moving (B) dragging
(C) dropping (D) highlighting
4. A program that runs in parts on several computers is said to be ……………..
(A) delegated (B) spread
(C) distributed (D) real time
5. A …………. is a collection of data that is stored electronically as a series of records in a table.
(A) spreadsheet (B) presentation
(C) database (D) MS Word
6. The hardware device commonly referred to as the ‘brain’ of the Computer is the ……….…
(A) RAM chip (B) data input
(C) CPU (D) secondary storage
7. The Internet ethical protocol is called
(A) net protocol (B) netiquette
(C) net ethics (D) net morality
The word netiquette is a combination of ’net’ (from internet) and ’etiquette’. It means respecting other users’ views and displaying common courtesy when posting your views to online discussion groups. Netiquette is the do's and don'ts of online communication.
8. Commercial messages on the net are identified as
(A) Net ads (B) Internet commercials
(C) Webmercials (D) Viral advertisements
9. Manuel Castelle was the first to use the term
(A) Internet society (B) Electronic society
(C) Network society (D) Telematic society
10. GIF stands for
(A) Global Information Format (B) Graphics Information Format
(C) Graphics Interchange File (D) Graphics Interchange Format