1. Corel Draw is a popular
(A) Illustration programme (B) Programming language
(C) Text programme (D) None of the above
2. Firewalls are used to protect a communication network system against
(A) Unauthorized attacks (B) Virus attacks
(C) Data-driven attacks (D) Fire-attacks
3. The 'brain' of a computer which keeps peripherals under its control is called
(A) Common Power Unit (B) Common Processing Unit
(C) Central Power Unit (D) Central Processing Unit
4. RAM means
(A) Random Access Memory (B) Rigid Access Memory
(C) Rapid Access Memory (D) Revolving Access Memory
5. Which of the following is type of LAN ?
(A) Ethernet (B) Token Ring
(C) FDDI (D) All of the above
6. Which of the following statements is true ?
(A) Smart cards do not require an operating system.
(B) Smart cards and PCs use some operating system.
(C) COS is smart card operating system.
(D) The communication between reader and card is in full duplex mode.
7. Internet explorer is a type of
(A) Operating System (B) Compiler
(C) Browser (D) IP address
8. The file extension of MS-Word document in Office 2007 is .................
(A) .pdf (B) .doc
(C) .docx (D) .txt
9. .............. is a protocol used by e-mail clients to download e-mails to your computer.
(A) TCP (B) FTP
(C) SMTP (D) POP
10. ………………. is a 32-bit number, normally expressed as four octets between the periods.
(A) Port (B) Domain name
(C) IP address (D) None of these