1. There are ……….. bits in one byte.
(A) 4 (B) 8
(C) 12 (D) 32
2. The main component of a desktop PC is the ………….. which houses the computer’s critical parts.
(A) system case (B) memory
(C) keyboard (D) processor
3. GPS is a system that helps in locating positions with the help of :
(A) Microwaves (B) Satellites
(C) Police intelligence (D) Wireless communication
4. The …………… of software contains lists of commands and options.
(A) menu bar (B) toolbar
(C) title bar (D) formula bar
5. A …………….. can make it easier to play games.
(A) mouse (B) joystick
(C) keyboard (D) pen
6. How many different documents can you have open at any one time ?
(A) Not more than three
(B) Only one
(C) As many as your computer memory will hold
(D) No more than your Taskbar can display
7. A hard disk is divided into tracks which is further subdivided into
(A) Clusters (B) Sectors
(C) Vectors (D) Heads
8. A Compiler is a software which converts
(A) Characters to bits
(B) High level language to machine language
(C) Machine language to high level language
(D) Words to bits
9. Virtual memory is
(A) an extremely large main memory.
(B) an extremely large secondary memory.
(C) an illusion of extremely large main memory
(D) a type of memory used in super computers.
10. The fastest memory in a computer system is:
(A) ROM (B) RAM
(C) Cache (D) Hard disk