31. Which of the following is a source of methane?
(A) Wetlands (B) Foam Industry
(C) Thermal Power Plants (D) Cement Industry
32. ‘Minamata disaster’ in Japan was caused by pollution due to
(A) Lead (B) Mercury
(C) Cadmium (D) Zinc
33. Biomagnification means increase in the
(A) concentration of pollutants in living organisms
(B) number of species
(C) size of living organisms
34. Nagoya Protocol is related to
(A) Climate change (B) Ozone depletion
(C) Hazardous waste (D) Biodiversity
35. The second most important source after fossil fuels contributing to India’s energy needs is
(A) Solar energy (B) Nuclear energy
(C) Hydropower (D) Wind energy
36. In case of earthquakes, an increase of magnitude 1 on Richter Scale implies
(A) a ten-fold increase in the amplitude of seismic waves.
(B) a ten-fold increase in the energy of the seismic waves.
(C) two-fold increase in the amplitude of seismic waves.
(D) two-fold increase in the energy of seismic waves.
37. Which of the following is not a measure of Human Development Index?
(A) Literacy Rate (B) Gross Enrolment
(C) Sex Ratio (D) Life Expectancy
38. India has the highest number of students in colleges after
(A) the U.K. (B) the U.S.A.
(C) Australia (D) Canada
39. Which of the following statement(s) is/are not correct about the Attorney General of India?
1. The President appoints a person, who is qualified to be a Judge of a High Court, to be the Attorney General of India.
2. He has the right of audience in all the Courts of the country.
3. He has the right to take part in the proceedings of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
4. He has a fixed tenure.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(A) 1 and 4 (B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 3 and 4 (D) 3 only
40. Which of the following prefix President Pranab Mukherjee desires to be discontinued while interacting with Indian dignitaries as well as in official notings?
1. His Excellency 2. Mahamahim
3. Hon’ble 4. Shri/Smt.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) 1 and 3 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 2 (D) 1, 2 and 3