11. The sum of the ages of two persons A and B is 50. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5/3. The present age of A and B are
(A) 30, 20 (B) 35, 15
(C) 38, 12 (D) 40, 10
12. Let a means minus (–), b means multiplied by (ᵡ), C means divided by (÷) and D means plus (+). The value of 90 D 9 a 29 C 10 b 2 is
(A) 8 (B) 10
(C) 12 (D) 14
13. Consider the Assertion–I and Assertion–II and select the right code given below :
Assertion–I : Even Bank-lockers are not safe. Thieves can break them and take away your wealth. But thieves cannot go to heaven. So you should keep your wealth in heaven.
Assertion–II : The difference of skin colour of beings is because of the distance from the sun and not because of some permanent traits. Skin-colour is the result of body’s reaction to the sun and its rays.
(A) Both the assertions-I and II are forms of argument.
(B) The assertion-I is an argument but the assertion-II is not.
(C) The assertion-II is an argument but the assertion-I is not.
(D) Both the assertions are explanations of facts.
14. By which of the following proposition, the proposition ‘some men are not honest’ is contradicted?
(A) All men are honest. (B) Some men are honest.
(C) No men are honest. (D) All of the above.
15. A stipulative definition is
(A) always true
(B) always false
(C) sometimes true sometimes false
(D) neither true nor false
16. Choose the appropriate alternative given in the codes to replace the question mark.
Examiner – Examinee, Pleader – Client, Preceptor – ?
(A) Customer (B) Path-finder
(C) Perceiver (D) Disciple
17. If the statement ‘most of the students are obedient’ is taken to be true, which one of the following pair of statements can be claimed to be true?
I. All obedient persons are students.
II. All students are obedient.
III. Some students are obedient.
IV. Some students are not disobedient.
(A) I & II (B) II & III
(C) III & IV (D) II & IV
18. Choose the right code:
A deductive argument claims that:
I. The conclusion does not claim something more than that which is contained in the premises.
II. The conclusion is supported by the premise/premises conclusively.
III. If the conclusion is false, then premise/premises may be either true or false.
IV. If premise/combination of premises is true, then conclusion must be true.
(A) I and II (B) I and III
(C) II and III (D) All the above
On the basis of the data given in the following table, give answers to questions from 19 to 24:
19. How many activities in the social services are there where the expenditure has been less than 5 percent of the total expenditures incurred on the social services in 2008-09?
(A) One (B) Three
(C) Five (D) All the above
20. In which year, the expenditures on the social services have increased at the highest rate?
(A) 2007-08 (B) 2008-09
(C) 2009-10 (D) 2010-11