1. Which of the following signal is not standard RS-232-C signal?
(A) VDR (B) RTS
(C) CTS (D) DSR
2. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
(A) Multiplexers are designed to accept data from several I/O devices and transmit a unified stream of data on one communication line
(B) HDLC is a standard synchronous communication protocol.
(C) RTS/CTS is the way the DTE indicates that it is ready to transmit data and the way the DCW indicates that it is ready to accept data
(D) RTS/CTS is the way the terminal indicates ringing
3. In a synchronous modem, the digital-to-analog converter transmits signal to the ................
(A) equalizer (B) modulator
(C) demodulator (D) terminal
4. Which of the following communications lines is best suited to interactive processing applications?
(A) narrow band channel (B) simplex lines
(C) full duplex lines (D) mixed band channels
5. A band is always equivalent to ...............
(A) a byte (B) a bit
(C) 100 bits (D) none of these
6. The loss in signal power as light travels down the fiber is called ...............
(A) attenuation (B) propagation
(C) scattering (D) interruption
7. Avalanche photodiode receivers can detect bits of transmitted data by receiving
(A) 100 photons (B) 200 photons
(C) 2000 photons (D) 300 photons
8. Communication circuits that transmit data in both directions but not at the same time are operating in
(A) a simplex mode (B) a half duplex mode
(C) a full duplex mode (D) an asynchronous mode
9. An example of a medium speed, switched communications service is .................
(A) series 1000 (B) data phone 50
(C) DDD (D) All of the above
10. Which layer in the ATM protocol has a 53 byte cell as an end product?
(A) Physical (B) ATM
(C) Application adaptation (D) Cell transformation