1. A print server use ................... which is a buffer that holds data before it is send to the printer.
(A) Queue (B) Spool
(C) Node (D) Both (B) and (C)
2. A standalone program that has been modified to work on a LAN by including concurrency controls such as file and record locking is an example of ................
(A) LAN intrinsic software (B) LAN aware software
(C) Groupware (D) None of these
3. Which IEEE 802 standard does not provide for a collision-free protocol?
(A) 802.2 (B) Bit map
(C) 802.4 (D) 802.5
4. Which of the following is not an example of protocol?
(A) HTTP (B) POP
(C) FTP (D) None of the above
5. ................. is a measure of how much the strength of the signal is reduced in passing through a medium.
(A) Attenuation (B) Amplification
(C) Bandwidth (D) Frequency
6. What is the port number for (Post Office Protocol) POP3?
(A) 21 (B) 110
(C) 120 (D) 90
7. Which of the following are Internet Protocols?
(A) TCP/IP (B) HTML
(C) HTTP (D) All the above
8. WAIS stands for
(A) Wide Area Intellectual Service
(B) Web Access Information system
(C) World wide Application of Intelligent System
(D) Wide Area Information Service
9. If a computer on the network shares resources for others to use, it is called .................
(A) Server (B) Client
(C) Mainframe (D) None of these
10. The process of converting analog signals into digital signals so they can be processed by a receiving computer is referred to as:
(A) modulation (B) demodulation
(C) synchronizing (D) digitising