1. Passwords enable users to:
(A) get into the system quickly (B) make efficient use of time
(C) retain confidentiality of files (D) simplify file structures
2. A set of instructions telling the computer what to do is called ………….
(A) mentor (B) instruction
(C) compiler (D) program
3. Softcopy is the intangible output, so then what is hardcopy ?
(A) The physical parts of the computer
(B) The printed parts of the computer
(C) The printed output
(D) The physical output devices
4. Data warehouse is:
(A) a godown
(B) a shop selling computers
(C) a showroom
(D) a system where data on customers is stored
5. The simultaneous processing of two or more programs by multiple processors is ………….
(A) multiprogramming (B) multitasking
(C) Multiprocessing (D) None of these
6. What type of device is a computer printer?
(A) Input (B) Output
(C) Software (D) Storage
7. The contents of ………….. are lost when the computer turns off.
(A) storage (B) input
(C) output (D) memory
8. Which of the following peripheral devices displays information to a user ?
(A) Monitor (B) Keyboard
(C) Secondary storage devices (D) Secondary storage media
9. The "desktop" of a computer refers to
(A) the visible screen (B) the area around the monitor
(C) the top of the mouse pad (D) the inside of a folder
10. …………… is the process of carrying out commands.
(A) Fetching (B) Storing
(C) Decoding (D) Executing