1. A …………… is a named set of characters that have the same characteristics.
(A) type face (B) type style
(C) font (D) None of these
2. The ability of an OS to run more than one application at a time is called ……………..
(A) multitasking (B) object-oriented programming
(C) multi-user computing (D) time-sharing
3. The part of a computer that coordinates all its functions is called its …………..
(A) ROM program (B) system board
(C) arithmetic logic unit (D) control unit
4. A CPU contains …………
(A) a card reader and printing device
(B) an analytical engine and control unit
(C) a control unit and an arithmetic logic unit
(D) an arithmetic logic unit and a card reader
5. The function of CPU is ……………
(A) to provide external storage of text
(B) to communicate with the operator
(C) to read, interpret and process the information and instruction
(D) to provide a hard copy
6. What characteristic of read-only memory (ROM) makes it useful ?
(A) ROM information can be easily updated
(B) Data in ROM is nonvolatile, that is, it remains there even without electrical power
(C) ROM provides very large amounts of inexpensive data storage
(D) ROM chips are easily swapped between different brands of computers
7. During the portion of the Information Processing Cycle, the computer acquires data from some source.
(A) storage and output (B) storage
(C) input (D) output
8. .dat is a :
(A) word file (B) deleted file
(C) data file (D) driver file
9. A computer program that translates a program statement by statement into machine language is called a/an
(A) Compiler (B) Simulator
(C) Translator (D) Interpreter
10. A Gigabyte is equal to
(A) 1024 Megabytes (B) 1024 Kilobytes
(C) 1024 Terabytes (D) 1024 Bytes