41. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(A) HTML is not screen precise formatting language.
(B) HTML does not specify a logic.
(C) DHTML is used for developing highly interactive web pages.
(D) HTML is a programming language.
42. When one object reference variable is assigned to another object reference variable then
(A) a copy of the object is created.
(B) a copy of the reference is created.
(C) a copy of the reference is not created.
(D) it is illegal to assign one object reference variable to another object reference variable.
43. A server crashes on the average once in 30 days, that is, the Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) is 30 days. When this happens, it takes 12 hours to reboot it, that is, the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) is 12 hours. The availability of server with these reliability data values is approximately:
(A) 96.3% (B) 97.3%
(C) 98.3% (D) 99.3%
44. Match the software maintenance activities in List-I to its meaning in List-II.
I. Corrective (a) Concerned with performing activities to reduce the software complexity thereby improving program understandability and increasing software maintainability.
II. Adaptive (b) Concerned with fixing errors that are observed when the software is in use.
III. Perfective (c) Concerned with the change in the software that takes place to make the software adaptable to new environment (both hardware and software).
IV. Preventive (d) Concerned with the change in the software that takes place to make the software adaptable to changing user requirements.
I II III IV
(A) (b) (d) (c) (a)
(B) (b) (c) (d) (a)
(C) (c) (b) (d) (a)
(D) (a) (d) (b) (c)
45. Match each application/software design concept in List-I to its definition in List-II.
I. Coupling (a) Easy to visually inspect the design of the software and understand its purpose.
II. Cohesion (b) Easy to add functionality to a software without having to redesign it.
III. Scalable (c) Focus of a code upon a single goal.
IV. Readable (d) Reliance of a code module upon other code modules.
I II III IV
(A) (b) (a) (d) (c)
(B) (c) (d) (a) (b)
(C) (d) (c) (b) (a)
(D) (d) (a) (c) (b)
46. Software safety is quality assurance activity that focuses on hazards that
(A) affect the reliability of a software component
(B) may cause an entire system to fail.
(C) may result from user input errors.
(D) prevent profitable marketing of the final product
47. Which of the following sets represent five stages defined by Capability Maturity
Model (CMM) in increasing order of maturity?
(A) Initial, Defined, Repeatable, Managed, Optimized.
(B) Initial, Repeatable, Defined, Managed, Optimized.
(C) Initial, Defined, Managed, Repeatable, Optimized.
(D) Initial, Repeatable, Managed, Defined, Optimized.
48. The number of function points of a proposed system is calculated as 500. Suppose that the system is planned to be developed in Java and the LOC/FP ratio of Java is 50. Estimate the effort (E) required to complete the project using the effort formula of basic
COCOMO given below:
E = a(KLOC)b
Assume that the values of a and b are 2.5 and 1.0 respectively.
(A) 25 person months (B) 75 person months
(C) 62.5 person months (D) 72.5 person months
49. In UNIX, processes that have finished execution but have not yet had their status collected are known as ................
(A) Sleeping processes (B) Stopped Processes
(C) Zombie Processes (D) Orphan Processes
50. In UNIX operating system, when a process creates a new process using the fork() system call, which of the following state is shared between the parent process and child process?
(A) Heap (B) Stack
(C) Shared memory segments (D) Both Heap and Stack