1. Which of the following is a sequential circuit?
(A) Multiplexer (B) Decoder
(C) Counter (D) Full adder
2. 8085 microprocessor has ............. hardware interrupts.
(A) 2 (B) 3
(C) 4 (D) 5
3. Which of the following in 8085 microprocessor performs
HL = HL + DE ?
(A) DAD D (B) DAD H
(C) DAD B (D) DAD SP
4. The Register that stores all interrupt requests is:
(A) Interrupt mask register (B) Interrupt service register
(C) Interrupt request register (D) Status register
5. The ............... addressing mode is similar to register indirect addressing mode, except that an offset is added to the contents of the register. The offset and register are specified in the instruction.
(A) Base indexed (B) Base indexed plus displacement
(C) Indexed (D) Displacement
6. In ............. method, the word is written to the block in both the cache and main memory, in parallel.
(A) Write through (B) Write back
(C) Write protected (D) Direct mapping
7. Which of the following statements concerning Object-Oriented databases is FALSE?
(A) Objects in an object-oriented database contain not only data but also methods for processing the data.
(B) Object-oriented databases store computational instructions in the same place as the data.
(C) Object-oriented databases are more adapt at handling structures (analytical) data than relational databases.
(D) Object-oriented databases store more types of data than relational databases and access that data faster.
8. In distributed databases, location transparency allows for database users, programmers and administrators to treat the data as if it is at one location. A SQL query with location transparency needs to specify:
(A) Inheritances (B) Fragments
(C) Locations (D) Local formats
9. Consider the relations R(A,B) and S(B,C) and the following four relational algebra queries over R and S:
III. R∩(πA(R) Χ πB(S))
IV. πA,R.B(R Χ S) where R.B refers to the column B in table R.
One can determine that:
(A) I, III and IV are the same query.
(B) II, III and IV are the same query.
(C) I, II and IV are the same query.
(D) I, III and III are the same query.
10. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
D1: The decomposition of the schema R(A,B,C) into R1(A,B) and R2(A,C) is always lossless.
D2: The decomposition of the schema R(A,B,C,D,E) having AD→B, C→DE, B→AE, AE→C into R1(A,B,D) and R2(A,C,D,E) is lossless.
(A) Both D1 and D2 (B) Neither D1 and D2
(C) Only D1 (D) Only D2