31. An electronic bill board that has a short text or graphical advertising message is referred to as:
(A) bulletin (B) strap
(C) bridge line (D) banner
32. Which of the following is not the characteristic of a computer?
(A) computer is an electrical machine
(B) computer cannot think at its own
(C) computer processes information error free
(D) computer can hold data for any length of time
33. Bitumen is obtained from
(A) Forests and Plants (B) Kerosene oil
(C) Crude oil (D) underground mines
Bitumen/asphalt/tar is a common binder used in road construction. Bitumen is obtained from crude oil by the process called fractional distillation. It is principally obtained as a residual product in petroleum refineries after higher fractions like gas, petrol, kerosene and diesel, etc., are removed.
34. Malaria is caused by:
(A) bacterial infection (B) viral infection
(C) parasitic infection (D) fungal infection
Malaria is a parasitic infection spread by Anopheles mosquitoes. The Plasmodium parasite that causes malaria is a single-celled parasite that multiplies in red blood cells of humans as well as in the mosquito intestine.
35. The cloudy nights are warmer compared to clear nights (without clouds) during winter days. This is because:
(A) clouds radiate heat towards the earth
(B) clouds prevent cold wave from the sky, descend on earth
(C) clouds prevent escaping of the heat radiation from the earth
(D) clouds being at great heights from earth absorb heat from the sun and send towards the earth
36. Largest soil group of India is:
(A) Red soil (B) Black soil
(C) Sandy soil (D) Mountain soil
Eight major soil groups available in India are: Alluvial Soils, Black Soils, Red Soils, Laterite Soils, Forest and Mountain Soils, Arid and Desert Soils, Saline and Alkaline Soils, Peaty and organic Soils. Alluvial soils constitute the largest soil group in India, constituting 80% of the total land surface. An alluvial soil in India is of three types: Sandy soil, Clayey soil and Loamy soil.
37. Main pollutant of the Indian coastal water is
(A) oil spill (B) municipal sewage
(C) industrial effluents (D) aerosols
38. Human ear is most sensitive to noise in the following frequency ranges:
(A) 1-2 KHz (B) 100-500 Hz
(C) 10-12 KHz (D) 13-16 KHz
39. Which species of chromium is toxic in water:
(A) Cr+2 (B) Cr+3
(C) Cr + 6 (D) Cr is non-toxic element
40. Match List - I (Dams) with List - II (River) in the following:
List - I (Dams) List - II (River)
a. Bhakra (i) Krishna
b. Nagarjunasagar (ii) Damodar
c. Panchet (iii) Sutlej
d. Hirakud (iv) Bhagirathi
e. Tehri (v) Mahanadi
a b c d e
(A) v iii iv ii i
(B) iii i ii v iv
(C) i ii iv iii v
(D) ii iii iv i v
· Bhakra Dam is across the Satluj River in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh.
· Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is across the Krishna river at Nagarjuna Sagar where the river is forming boundary between Nalgonda district of Telangana and Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
· Panchet Dam is constructed across the Damodar River at Panchet in Dhanbad district in the state of Jharkhand.
· Hirakud Dam is built across the Mahanadi River in the state of Odisha.
· The Tehri Dam is the tallest dam in India. It is on the Bhagirathi River near Tehri in Uttarakhand.