41. A negative reaction to a mediated communication is described as:
(A) flak (B) fragmented feedback
(C) passive response (D) non-conformity
Mediated communication refers to communication carried out by the use of information communication technology, and can be contrasted to face-to-face communication.
42. The launch of satellite channel by IGNOU on 26th January 2003 for technological education for the growth and development of distance education is:
(A) Eklavya channel (B) Gyandarshan channel
(C) Rajrishi channel (D) None of these
Eklavya Technology Channel is a distant learning joint initiative between the IIT and IGNOU. It was inaugurated on 26 January 2003. The objective of this Channel is to bring to the audience the actual IIT classrooms virtually at their door steps. It is a channel dedicated to technical education.
43. Match List - I with List-Il and select the correct answer from the code given below:
List - I (Institutions) List - II (Locations)
(a) The Indian Council of Historical (i) Shimla
(b) The Indian Institute of Advanced (ii) New Delhi
(c) The Indian Council of Philosophical (iii) Banglore
(d) The Central Institute of Coastal (iv) Lucknow
Engineering for fisheries
a b c d
(A) ii i iv iii
(B) i ii iii iv
(C) ii iv i iii
(D) iv iii ii i
Indian Council of Historical Research is an autonomous organization situated in New Delhi under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The objectives of ICHR are:
- to bring historians together and provide a forum for exchange of views between them.
- to give a national direction to an objective and scientific writing of history and to have rational presentation and interpretation of history.
- to promote, accelerate and coordinate research in history with special emphasis on areas which have not received adequate attention so far.
- to promote and coordinated a balanced distribution of research effort over different areas.
- to elicit support and recognition for historical research from all concerned and ensure the necessary dissemination and use of results.
The Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS) is a research institute based in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR) was established in March 1977 under Department of Higher Education and Ministry of Human Resource Development. Its Headquarters is at New Delhi and Academic Centre is at Lucknow.
Some of the objectives of the Council are:
- Review the progress of research in philosophy on regular basis.
- Co-ordinate research activities in philosophy and encourage interdisciplinary research.
- Promote collaboration in research between Indian philosophers and international philosophical institutes.
- Promote teaching and research in Philosophy.
The Central Institute of Coastal Engineering for Fishery (CICEF), formerly known as Pre-Investment Survey of Fishing Harbours (PISFH) is a premier institution of the Government of India established in January 1968 at Bangalore with its jurisdiction covering the entire Indian coastline for conducting engineering and economic investigations and preparing the Techno-Economic Feasibility Reports (TEFRs) for the fishery harbour (FH) projects.
44. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right?
(A) Right to equality
(B) Right against exploitation
(C) Right to freedom of speech and expression
(D) Right of free compulsory education of all children upto the age of 14
Answer: All are fundamental rights
45. The Lok - Sabha can be dissolved before the expiry of its normal five year term by:
(A) The Prime Minister
(B) The Speaker of Lok Sabha
(C) The President on the recommendation of the Prime Minister
(D) None of the above
46. In which year the value per tin was minimum?
(A) 1995 (B) 1996
(C) 1998 (D) 1999
47. What was the difference between the tins exported in 1997 and 1998?
(A) 10 (B) 1000
(C) 100000 (D) 1000000
48. What was the approximate percentage increase in export value from 1995 to 1999?
(A) 350 (B) 330.3
(C) 433.3 (D) None of these
Answer: D (233.3)
49. What was the percentage drop in export quantity from 1995 to 1996?
(A) 75 (B) 50
(C) 25 (D) None of these
50. If in 1998, the tins were exported at the same rate per tin as that in 1997, what would be the value (in crores of rupees) of export in 1998?
(A) 400 (B) 375
(C) 352 (D) 330