21. In the balanced binary tree given below, how many nodes will become unbalanced when a node is inserted as a child of the node ‘g’.
(A) 1 (B) 3
(C) 7 (D) 8
22. Pre order is also known as:
(A) Depth first order (B) Breadth first order
(C) Topological order (D) Linear order
23. Which of the following statement is false ?
(A) Every tree is a bipartite graph
(B) A tree contains a cycle
(C) A tree with n nodes contains (n-1) edges
(D) A tree is connected graph
24. If the postfix form of a string is ABC+-D*, the actual string is:
25. Application of data structure queue is:
(A) Level wise printing of tree
(B) Implementation of priority queues
(C) Function call implementation
(D) Depth first search in a graph
26. What is the transmission signal coding method for a T1 carrier called ?
(A) Binary (B) NRZ
(C) Bipolar (D) Manchester
27. How much bandwidth is required to send 132 voice-grade channels by FDM on an international satellite system ?
(A) 500 MHz (B) 10 MHz
(C) 1320 MHz (D) 50 MHz
28. What is the difference between the Ethernet frame preamble field and the IEEE 802.3 preamble and start of frame Delimiter fields ?
(A) 1 byte (B) 1 bit
(C) 4 bits (D) 16 bits
29. What is the function of a translating bridge ?
(A) Connect similar remote LANs
(B) Connect similar local LANs
(C) Connect different types of LANs
(D) Translate the network addresses into a layer 2 address
30. The program used to determine the round-trip delay between a workstation and a destination address is:
(A) Tracert (B) Traceroute
(C) Ping (D) Pop
31. Which statement is wrong ?
(A) If linked origin ≠ translated origin, relocation must be performed by the linker
(B) If load ≠ linked origin, the loader must perform relocation
(C) A linker always perform relocation, whereas some loaders do not
(D) None of these
32. Tasks done in parsing are:
(A) Check the validity of a source string
(B) Determine the syntactic structure of a source string
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of these
33. YACC builds up ................. parsing table.
(A) LALR (B) LR
(C) SLR (D) LLR
34. The action of passing the source program into the proper syntactic class is known as:
(A) Syntax analysis
(B) Lexical analysis
(C) Interpretation analysis
(D) Uniform symbol generation
35. The dynamic binding occurs during the:
(A) Compile time (B) Run time
(C) Linking time (D) Pre-processing time
36. The first operating system of Microprocessor is ...................
(A) ATLAS (B) CP/M
(C) SAGE (D) T.H.E
37. In processor management, round robin method essentially uses the preemptive version of ...................
(A) FILO (B) FIFO
(C) SJF (D) Longest time first
38. A page fault ..................
(A) is an error in specific page
(B) is an access to the page not currently in main memory
(C) occurs when a page program accesses a page of memory
(D) is reference to the page which belongs to another program
39. .................. synchronize critical resources to prevent deadlock.
(A) P-operator (B) V-operator
(C) Semaphores (D) Hard disk
40. The memory allocation scheme subjected to “external” fragmentation is:
(C) Demand paging
(D) Multiple contiguous fixed partitions
41. In software project planning, work Breakdown structure must be .................
(A) A graph (B) A tree
(C) A Euler’s graph (D) None of the above
42. In Software Metrics, McCABE’s cyclomatic number is given by following formula:
(A) c=e-n+2p (B) c=e-n-2p
(C) c=e+n+2p (D) c=e-n*2p
43. In a good software design, ................ coupling is desirable between modules.
(A) Highest (B) Lowest
(C) Internal (D) External
44. System study yields the following:
(A) Requirement specifications
(B) Prevailing process description
(C) Data source identification
(D) All the above
45. The COCOMO model is used for ..................
(A) software design
(B) software cost estimation
(C) software cost approximation
(D) software analysis
46. MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) uses ............... types of messages to perform messaging transactions.
(A) 4 (B) 6
(C) 8 (D) 10
47. Bluetooth technology uses the transmission media.
(A) Radio links (B) Microwave links
(C) VSAT communication (D) Optical fiber links
48. Downflow is the process associated with .................. and backup of data in a warehouse.
(A) packaging (B) archiving
(C) extraction (D) loading
49. Predictive modelling in data mining uses .................. technique.
(A) Statistical (B) Association Discovery
(C) Value prediction (D) None of these
50. The use of smart card represents a form of:
(A) password encryption (B) user-ID encryption
(C) authorization (D) authentication
Answer: C, D