11. A station in a network in a network forward incoming packets by placing them on its shortest output queue. What routing algorithm is being used?
(A) Hot potato routing (B) Flooding
(C) Static routing (D) Delta routing
12. Start and stop bits are used in serial communications for
(A) Error detection (B) Error correction
(C) Synchronization (D) Slowing down the communication
13. For a data entry project for office staff who have never used computers before (user interface and user-friendliness are extremely important), one will use
(A) Spiral model (B) Component based model
(C) Prototyping (D) Waterfall model
14. An SRS
(A) establishes the basis for agreement between client and the supplier.
(B) provides a reference for validation of the final product.
(C) is a prerequisite to high quality software.
(D) all of the above.
15. McCabe’s cyclomatic metric V(G) of a graph G with n vertices, e edges and p connected component is
(A) e (B) n
(C) e – n + p (D) e – n + 2p
16. Emergency fixes known as patches are result of
(A) adaptive maintenance (B) perfective maintenance
(C) corrective maintenance (D) none of the above
17. Design recovery from source code is done during
(A) reverse engineering (B) re-engineering
(C) reuse (D) all of the above
18. Following is used to demonstrate that the new release of software still performs the old one did by rerunning the old tests :
(A) Functional testing (B) Path testing
(C) Stress testing (D) Regression testing
19. The post order traversal of a binary tree is DEBFCA. Find out the preorder traversal.
(A) ABFCDE (B) ADBFEC
(C) ABDECF (D) ABDCEF
20. B + tree are preferred to binary tree in database because
(A) Disk capacities are greater than memory capacities
(B) Disk access much slower than memory access
(C) Disk data transfer rates are much less than memory data transfer rate
(D) Disk are more reliable than memory