1. When data and acknowledgement are sent in the same frame, this is called as
(A) Piggy packing (B) Piggy backing
(C) Back packing (D) Good packing
2. Encryption and Decryption is the responsibility of ............... Layer.
(A) Physical (B) Network
(C) Application (D) Datalink
3. An analog signal carries 4 bits in each signal unit. If 1000 signal units are sent per second, then baud rate and bit rate of the signal are ............... and ..............
(A) 4000 bauds \ sec & 1000 bps
(B) 2000 bauds \ sec & 1000 bps
(C) 1000 bauds \ sec & 500 bps
(D) 1000 bauds \ sec & 4000 bps
Bit rate is the number of bits per second. Baud rate is the number of signal units per second. Baud rate is less than or equal to the bit rate.
Baud rate = 1000 bauds per second (baud/s)
Bit rate = 1000 x 4 = 4000 bps
4. The VLF and LF bauds use .............. propagation for communication.
(A) Ground (B) Sky
(C) Line of sight (D) Space
VLF (Very Low Frequency)
LF (Low Frequency)
In general there are three type of propagation.1.Ground Propagation 2.Sky propagation 3.Line-of-sight propagation.
In ground propagation, radio waves travel through the lowest portion of the atmosphere. These low-frequency signals travel in all directions from the transmitting antenna.
5. Using the RSA public key crypto system, if p=13, q=31 and d=7, then the value of e is
(A) 101 (B) 105
(C) 103 (D) 107
Basic RSA Algorithm:
1. Choose two primes, p & q.
2. Compute n=p*q and z=(p-1)*(q-1).
3. Choose a number relatively prime to z and call it d.
4. Find e such that e*d=1modz.
Given p=13, q=31 & d=7, e=?
7e=1mod360, then 7e must be 361, 721, 1081, 1441, etc. Dividing each of these in turn by 7 to see which is divisible by 7, we find that 721/7 = 103, hence e = 103.
6. FAN IN of a component A is defined as
(A) Number of components that can call or pass control to component A.
(B) Number of components that are called by component A.
(C) Number of components related to component A.
(D) Number of components dependent on component A.
7. The relationship of data elements in a module is called
(A) Coupling (B) Modularity
(C) Cohesion (D) Granularity
Cohesion is the indication of the relationship within module. Coupling is the indication of the relationships between modules. While designing you should strive for high cohesion. While designing you should strive for low coupling.
8. Software Configuration Management is the discipline for systematically controlling
(A) the changes due to the evolution of work products as the project proceeds.
(B) the changes due to defects (bugs) being found and then fixed.
(C) the changes due to requirement changes
(D) all of the above
9. Which one of the following is not a step of requirement engineering ?
(A) Requirement elicitation (B) Requirement analysts
(C) Requirement design (D) Requirement documentation
10. Testing of software with actual data and in actual environment is called
(A) Alpha testing (B) Beta testing
(C) Regression testing (D) None of the above