1. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place
(A) between peers (B) between an interface
(C) between modems (D) across an interface
2. The model that shows how the network function of a computer ought to be organised?
(A) ITU-T (B) OSI
(C) ISO (D) ANSI
3. The OSI model consists of how many layers?
(A) three (B) five
(C) seven (D) eight
4. As the data packet moves from the lower to the upper layers then headers are?
(A) added (B) subtracted
(C) rearranged (D) modified
5. Which of the following statement is correct?
(A) terminal section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
(B) receiver section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
(C) transmission section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
(D) None of these
6. In OSI network architecture, the routing is performed by ..................
(A) network layer (B) data link layer
(C) transport layer (D) session layer
7. The ................... portion of LAN management software restricts access, records user activities and audit data etc.
(A) Configuration management (B) Security management
(C) Performance management (D) None of these
8. What is the max cable length of STP?
(A) 100 ft (B) 200 ft
(C) 100 m (D) 200 m
9. What is the max data capacity of STP?
(A) 10 mbps (B) 100 mbps
(C) 1000 mbps (D) 10000 mbps
10. Which connector STP uses?
(A) BNC (B) RJ-11
(C) RJ-45 (D) RJ-69