41. Which of the following tag in HTML is used to surround information, such as signature of the person who created the page ?
(A) <body> </body> (B) <address> </address>
(C) <strong> </strong> (D) <em> </em>
42. Java uses threads to enable the entire environment to be ................
(A) Symmetric (B) Asymmetric
(C) Synchronous (D) Asynchronous
43. An Operating System (OS) crashes on the average once in 30 days, that is, the Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) = 30 days. When this happens, it takes 10 minutes to recover the OS, that is, the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) = 10 minutes. The availability of the OS with these reliability figures is approximately :
(A) 96.97% (B) 97.97%
(C) 99.009% (D) 99.97%
44. Match each software lifecycle model in List – I to its description in List – II:
List – I List – II
I. Code-and-Fix a. Assess risks at each step; do most critical
II. Evolutionary prototyping b. Build an initial small requirement specifications,
code it, then “evolve” the specifications and code
III. Spiral c. Build initial requirement specification for
several releases, then design-and-code in
IV. Staged Delivery d. Standard phases (requirements, design,
code, test) in order
V. Waterfall e. Write some code, debug it, repeat
I II III IV V
(A) e b a c d
(B) e c a b d
(C) d a b c e
(D) c e a b d
45. Match each software term in List – I to its description in List – II:
List – I List – II
I. Wizards a. Forms that provide structure for a document
II. Templates b. A series of commands grouped into a
III. Macro c. A single program that incorporates most
commonly used tools
IV. Integrated Software d. Step-by-step guides in application software
V. Software Suite e. Bundled group of software programs
I II III IV V
(A) d a b c e
(B) b a d c e
(C) d e b a c
(D) e c b a d
46. The ISO quality assurance standard that applies to software Engineering is
(A) ISO 9000 : 2004 (B) ISO 9001 : 2000
(C) ISO 9002 : 2001 (D) ISO 9003 : 2004
47. Which of the following are external qualities of a software product ?
(A) Maintainability, reusability, portability, efficiency, correctness.
(B) Correctness, reliability, robustness, efficiency, usability.
(C) Portability, interoperability, maintainability, reusability.
(D) Robustness, efficiency, reliability, maintainability, reusability.
48. Which of the following is/are CORRECT statement(s) about version and release ?
I. A version is an instance of a system, which is functionally identical but nonfunctionally distinct from other instances of a system.
II. A version is an instance of a system, which is functionally distinct in some way from other system instances.
III. A release is an instance of a system, which is distributed to users outside of the development team.
IV. A release is an instance of a system, which is functionally identical but onfunctionally distinct from other instances of a system.
(A) I and III (B) II and IV
(C) I and IV (D) II and III
49. The Unix Operating System Kernel maintains two key data structures related to processes, the process table and the user structure. Now, consider the following two statements:
I. The process table is resident all the time and contain information needed for all processes, even those that are not currently in memory.
II. The user structure is swapped or paged out when its associated process is not in memory, in order not to waste memory on information that is not needed.
Which of the following options is correct with reference to above statements ?
(A) Only (I) is correct.
(B) Only (II) is correct.
(C) Both (I) and (II) are correct.
(D) Both (I) and (II) are wrong.
50. Consider a system which have ‘n’ number of processes and ‘m’ number of resource types. The time complexity of the safety algorithm, which checks whether a system is in safe state or not, is of the order of:
(A) O(mn) (B) O(m2n2)
(C) O(m2n) (D) O(mn2)