31. Consider the argument given below:
‘Pre - employment testing of teachers is quite fair because doctors, architects and engineers who are now employed had to face such a testing.’
What type of argument it is?
(A) Deductive (B) Analogical
(C) Psychological (D) Biological
32. Among the following propositions two arc related in such a way that they can both be true although they cannot both be false. Which are those propositions? Select the correct code.
(a) Some priests are cunning.
(b) No priest is cunning.
(c) All priests are cunning.
(d) Some priests are not cunning.
(A) (a) and (b) (B) (c) and (d)
(C) (a) and (c) (D) (a) and (d)
33. A Cluster of propositions with a structure that exhibits some inference is called
(A) An inference (B) An argument
(C) An explanation (D) A valid argument
34. Consider the following assertion (A) and reason (R) and select the correct code given below:
(A) : No man is perfect.
(R): Some men are not perfect.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) does not provide sufficient reason for (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) provides sufficient reason for (A).
(C) (A) is true but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false but (R) is true.
35. A definition that has a meaning that is deliberately assigned to some symbol is called:
(A) Lexical (B) Precising
(C) Stipulative (D) Persuasive
36. If the proposition ‘No men are honest’ is taken to be false which of the following proposition/propositions can be claimed certainly to be true?
(A) All men are honest (B) Some men are honest
(C) Some men are not honest (D) No honest person is man
Given below in the table is the decadal data of Population and Electrical Power Production of a country.
Based on the above table, answer the questions from Sl. No. 37 to 42.
37. Which decade registered the maximum growth rate (%) of population?
(A) 1961-71 (B) 1971-81
(B) 1991-2001 (D) 2001-2011
38. Average decadal growth rate (%) of population is:
(A) ~12.21% (B) ~9.82%
(C) ~6.73% (D) ~5%
39. Based on the average decadal growth rate, what will be the population in the year 2021?
(A) 40.34 million (B) 38.49 million
(C) 37.28 million (D) 36.62 million
40. In the year 1951, what was the power availability per person?
(A) 100 W (B) 200 W
(C) 400 W (D) 500 W
41. In which decade, the average power availability per person was maximum?
(A) 1981-1991 (B) 1991-2001
(C) 2001-2011 (D) 1971-1981
42. By what percentage (%) the power production increased from 1951 o 2011?
(A) 100% (B) 300%
(C) 600% (D) 900%