31. Irritation in eyes is caused by the pollutant
(A) Sulphur di-oxide (B) Ozone
(C) PAN (D) Nitrous oxide
32. Which is the source of chlorofluorocarbons?
(A) Thermal power plants
(C) Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
33. Which of the following is not a renewable natural resource?
(A) Clean air (B) Fertile soil
(C) Fresh water (D) Salt
34. Which of the following parameters is not used as a pollution indicator in water?
(A) Total dissolved solids (B) Coliform count
(C) Dissolved oxygen (D) Density
35. S and P waves are associated with
(A) floods (B) wind energy
(C) earthquakes (D) tidal energy
36. Match Lists I and II and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
List – I List – II
(i) Ozone hole (a) Tsunami
(ii) Greenhouse effect (b) UV radiations
(iii) Natural hazards (c) Methane
(iv) Sustainable development (d) Eco-centrism
(i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(A) (b) (c) (a) (d)
(B) (c) (b) (a) (d)
(C) (d) (c) (a) (b)
(D) (d) (b) (c) (a)
37. Indian Institute of Advanced Study is located at
(A) Dharmshala (B) Shimla
(C) Solan (D) Chandigarh
38. Indicate the number of Regional Offices of National Council of Teacher Education.
(A) 04 (B) 05
(C) 06 (D) 08
39. Which of the following rights was considered the “Heart and Soul” of the Indian Constitution by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar?
(A) Freedom of Speech
(B) Right to Equality
(C) Right to Freedom of Religion
(D) Right to Constitutional Remedies
40. Who among the following created the office of the District Collector in India ?
(A) Lord Cornwallis
(B) Warren Hastings
(C) The Royal Commission on Decentralisation
(D) Sir Charles Metcalfe