1. 'www' stands for
(A) work with web (B) word wide web
(C) world wide web (D) worth while web
2. A hard disk is divided into tracks which is further subdivided into
(A) Clusters (B) Sectors
(C) Vectors (D) Heads
3. A computer program that translates a program statement by statement into machine language is called a/an
(A) Compiler (B) Simulator
(C) Translator (D) Interpreter
4. A Gigabyte is equal to
(A) 1024 Megabytes (B) 1024 Kilobytes
(C) 1024 Terabytes (D) 1024 Bytes
5. A Compiler is a software which converts
(A) Characters to bits
(B) High level language to machine language
(C) Machine language to high level language
(D) Words to bits
6. Virtual memory is
(A) an extremely large main memory.
(B) an extremely large secondary memory.
(C) an illusion of extremely large main memory
(D) a type of memory used in super computers.
7. The phrase 'tragedy of commons’ is in the context of
(A) tragic event related to damage caused by release of poisonous gases.
(B) tragic conditions of poor people.
(C) degradation of renewable free access resources
(D) climate change
8. Kyoto Protocol is related to
(A) Ozone depletion (B) Hazardous waste
(C) Climate change (D) Nuclear energy
9. Which of the following is a source of emissions leading to the eventual formation of surface ozone as a pollutant?
(A) Transport sector (B) Refrigeration and Air conditioning
(C) Wetlands (D) Fertilizers
10. The smog in cities in India mainly consists of
(A) Oxides Of sulphur
(B) Oxides of nitrogen and unburnt hydrocarbons
(C) Carbon monoxide and SPM
(D) Oxides of sulphur and ozone