41. Match the following:
List – I List – II
(a) Size-oriented metrics (i) uses number of external interfaces
as one of the measurement parameter.
(b) Function-oriented metrics (ii) originally designed to be applied to
business information systems.
(c) Extended Function Point Metrics (iii) derived by normalizing quality and/or
productivity measures by considering
the size of the software.
(d) Function point (iv) uses algorithm characteristics
as of the measurement parameter.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
(B) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
(C) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
(D) (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
42. In which testing strategy requirements established during requirements analysis are validated against developed software?
(A) Validation testing (B) Integration testing
(C) Regression testing (D) System testing
43. Which process model is also called as classic life cycle model?
(A) Waterfall model (B) RAD model
(C) Prototyping model (D) Incremental model
44. Cohesion is an extension of:
(A) Abstraction concept (B) Refinement concept
(C) Information hiding concept (D) Modularity
45. Which one from the following is highly associated activity of project planning?
(A) Keep track of the project progress.
(B) Compare actual and planned progress and costs
(C) Identify the activities, milestones and deliverables produced by a project
(D) Both (B) and (C)
46. In the case of parallelization, Amdahl's law states that if P is the proportion of a program that can be made parallel and (1-P) is the proportion that cannot be parallelized, then the maximum speed-up that can be achieved by using N processors is:
47. Which of the following statements is incorrect for Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM)?
(A) The PVM Communication model provides asynchronous blocking send, asynchronous blocking receive and non-blocking receive function.
(B) Message buffers are allocated dynamically.
(C) The PVM communication model assumes that any task can send a message to any other PVM task and that there is no limit to the size or number of such messages.
(D) In PVM Model, the message order is not preserved.
48. Which of the following algorithms sort n integers, having the range 0 to (n2-1), in ascending order in O(n) time ?
(A) Selection sort (B) Bubble sort
(C) Radix sort (D) Insertion sort
49. Which of the following statements is FALSE about weak entity set ?
(A) Weak entities can be deleted automatically when their strong entity is deleted.
(B) Weak entity set avoids the data duplication and consequent possible inconsistencies caused by duplicating the key of the strong entity.
(C) A weak entity set has no primary keys unless attributes of the strong entity set on which it depends are included.
(D) Tuples in a weak entity set are not partitioned according to their relationship with tuples in a strong entity set.
50. Which of the following is not valid with reference to Message Passing Interface (MPI)?
(A) MPI can run on any hardware platform
(B) The programming model is a distributed memory model.
(C) All parallelism is implicit.
(D) MPI - Comm - Size returns the total number of MPI processes in specified communication.