21. Insert the missing number in the following:
3, 8, 18, 23, 33, ?, 48
(A) 37 (B) 40
(C) 38 (D) 45
22. In a certain code, CLOCK is written as KCOLC. How would STEPS be written in that code?
(A) SPEST (B) SPSET
(C) SPETS (D) SEPTS
23. The letters in the first set have a certain relationship. On the basis of this relationship mark the right choice for the second set:
BDFH : OMKI : : GHIK : ?
(A) FHJL (B) RPNL
(C) LNPR (D) LJHF
Answer: Correct answer is TQNL
24. What was the day of the week on 1st January 2001?
(A) Friday (B) Tuesday
(C) Sunday (D) Wednesday
Answer: Correct answer is Monday
25. Find out the wrong number in the sequence.
52, 51, 48, 43, 34, 27, 16
(A) 27 (B) 34
(C) 43 (D) 48
26. In a deductive argument conclusion is:
(A) Summing up of the premises
(B) Not necessarily based on premises
(C) Entailed by the premises
(D) Additional to the premises
27. 'No man are mortal' is contradictory of:
(A) Some man are mortal (B) Some man are not mortal
(C) All men are mortal (D) No mortal is man
28. A deductive argument is valid if:
(A) premises are false and conclusion true
(B) premises are false and conclusion is also false
(C) premises are true and conclusion is false
(D) premises are true and conclusion is true
29. Structure of logical argument is based on:
(A) Formal validity (B) Material truth
(C) Linguistic expression (D) Aptness of examples
30. Two ladies and two men are playing bridge and seated at North, East, South and West of a table. No lady is facing East. Persons sitting opposite to each other are not of the same sex. One man is facing South. Which direction are the ladies facing to?
(A) East and West (B) North and West
(C) South and East (D) None of these