41. What is true about UML stereotypes ?
(A) Stereotype is used for extending the UML language.
(B) Stereotyped class must be abstract
(C) The stereotype indicates that the UML element cannot be changed
(D) UML profiles can be stereotyped for backward compatibility
42. Which method is called first by an applet program ?
(A) start( ) (B) run( )
(C) init( ) (D) begin( )
43. Which one of the following is not a source code metric ?
(A) Halstead metric (B) Function point metric
(C) Complexity metric (D) Length metric
44. To compute function points (FP), the following relationship is used
FP = Count – total × (0.65 + 0.01 × S (Fi)) where Fi (i = 1 to n) are value adjustment factors (VAF) based on n questions. The value of n is
(A) 12 (B) 14
(C) 16 (D) 18
45. Assume that the software team defines a project risk with 80% probability of occurrence of risk in the following manner :
Only 70 percent of the software components scheduled for reuse will be integrated into the application and the remaining functionality will have to be custom developed. If 60 reusable components were planned with average component size as 100 LOC and software engineering cost for each LOC as $ 14, then the risk exposure would be
(A) $ 25,200 (B) $ 20,160
(C) $ 17,640 (D) $ 15,120
46. Maximum possible value of reliability is
(A) 100 (B) 10
(C) 1 (D) 0
47. ‘FAN IN’ of a component A is defined as
(A) Count of the number of components that can call, or pass control, to a component A
(B) Number of components related to component A
(C) Number of components dependent on component A
(D) None of the above
48. Temporal cohesion means
(A) Coincidental cohesion
(B) Cohesion between temporary variables
(C) Cohesion between local variables
(D) Cohesion with respect to time
49. Various storage devices used by an operating system can be arranged as follows in increasing order of accessing speed :
(A) Magnetic tapes ® magnetic disks ® optical disks ® electronic disks ® main memory ® cache ® registers
(B) Magnetic tapes ® magnetic disks ® electronic disks ® optical disks ® main memory ® cache ® registers
(C) Magnetic tapes ® electronic disks ® magnetic disks ® optical disks ® main memory ® cache ® registers
(D) Magnetic tapes ® optical disks ® magnetic disks ® electronic disks ® main memory ® cache ® registers
50. How many disk blocks are required to keep list of free disk blocks in a 16 GB hard disk with 1 kB block size using linked list of free disk blocks ? Assume that the disk block number is stored in 32 bits.
(A) 1024 blocks (B) 16794 blocks
(C) 20000 blocks (D) 1048576 blocks
Answer: Marks given to all