11. Consider the following statements :
I. Re-construction operation used in mixed fragmentation satisfies commutative rule.
II. Re-construction operation used in vertical fragmentation satisfies commutative rule
Which of the following is correct ?
(C) Both are correct
(D) None of the statements are correct.
12. Which of the following is false ?
(A) Every binary relation is never be in BCNF.
(B) Every BCNF relation is in 3NF.
(C) 1 NF, 2 NF, 3 NF and BCNF are based on functional dependencies.
(D) Multivalued Dependency (MVD) is a special case of Join Dependency (JD).
13. Which of the following categories of languages do not refer to animation languages ?
(A) Graphical languages (B) General-purpose languages
(C) Linear-list notations (D) None of the above
14. Match the following :
List – I List – II
a. Tablet, Joystick i. Continuous devices
b. Light Pen, Touch Screen ii. Direct devices
c. Locator, Keyboard iii. Logical devices
d. Data Globe, Sonic Pen iv. 3D interaction devices
a b c d
(A) ii i iv iii
(B) i iv iii ii
(C) i ii iii iv
(D) iv iii ii i
15. A technique used to approximate halftones without reducing spatial resolution is known as .................
(A) Halftoning (B) Dithering
(C) Error diffusion (D) None of the above
16. Consider a triangle represented by A(0, 0), B(1, 1), C(5, 2). The triangle is rotated by 45 degrees about a point P(–1, –1). The co-ordinates of the new triangle obtained after rotation shall be ..................
(A) A'(-1,√2 - 1), B'(-1,2√2 - 1), C'(3/2√2 – 1, 9/2√2 – 1)
(B) A'(√2 - 1, -1), B'(2√2 - 1, -1), C'(3/2√2 – 1, 9/2√2 – 1)
(C) A'(-1, √2 - 1), B'(2√2 - 1, -1), C'(3/2√2 – 1, 9/2√2 – 1)
(D) A'(-1, √2 - 1), B'(2√2 - 1, -1), C'(9/2√2 – 1, 3/2√2 – 1)
17. In Cyrus-Beck algorithm for line clipping the value of t parameter is computed by the relation :
(Here P1 and P2 are the two end points of the line, f is a point on the boundary, n1 is inner normal)
18. Match the following :
a. Cavalier Projection i. The direction of projection is chosen so that there is no foreshortening of lines perpendicular to the xy plane.
b. Cabinet Projection ii. The direction of projection is chosen so that lines perpendicular to the xy planes are foreshortened by half their lengths.
c. Isometric Projection iii. The direction of projection makes equal angles with all of the principal axis.
d. Orthographic Projection iv. Projections are characterized by the fact that the direction of projection is perpendicular to the view plane.
a b c d
(A) i iii iv ii
(B) ii iii i iv
(C) iv ii iii i
(D) i ii iii iv
19. Consider the following statements S1, S2 and S3 :
S1 : In call-by-value, anything that is passed into a function call is unchanged in the
caller’s scope when the function returns.
S2 : In call-by-reference, a function receives implicit reference to a variable used as
S3 : In call-by-reference, caller is unable to see the modified variable used as argument.
(A) S3 and S2 are true. (B) S3 and S1 are true.
(C) S2 and S1 are true. (D) S1, S2, S3 are true.
20. How many tokens will be generated by the scanner for the following statement ?
x = x * (a + b) – 5;
(A) 12 (B) 11
(C) 10 (D) 07