21. If the number of leaves in a strictly binary tree is an odd number, then what can you say with full conviction about total number of nodes in the tree ?
(A) It is an odd number.
(B) It is an even number.
(C) It cannot be equal to the number of leaves.
(D) It is always greater than twice the number of leaves.
22. The number of edges in a complete graph of n vertices is
(A) n (B) n(n – 1)/2
(C) n(n + 1)/2 (D) n2/2
23. At a hill station, the parking lot is one long drive way snaking up a hill side. Cars drive in and park right behind the car in front of them, one behind another. A car can’t leave until all the cars in front of it have left. Is the parking lot more like
(A) An array (B) A stack
(C) A queue (D) A linked list
24. With regard to linked list, which of the following statement is false?
(A) An algorithm to search for an element in a singly linked list requires 0(n) operations in the worst case.
(B) An algorithm for deleting the first element in a singly linked list requires 0(n) operations in the worst case.
(C) An algorithm for finding the maximum value in a circular linked list requires 0(n) operations.
(D) An algorithm for deleting the middle node of a circular linked list requires 0(n) operations.
25. A hash function f defined as f(key) = key mod 7, with linear probing used to resolve collisions. Insert the keys 37, 38, 72, 48, 98 and 11 into the table indexed from 0 to 6. What will be the location of 11 ?
(A) 3 (B) 4
(C) 5 (D) 6
26. Device on one network can communicate with devices on another network via a
(A) Hub/Switch (B) Utility server
(C) File server (D) Gateway
27. What is the maximum window size in sliding window protocol used in a computer network?
(A) 4 (B) 8
(C) 15 (D) 16
28. Which of the following are Data Link Layer standard?
1. Ethernet 2. HSSI 3. Frame Relay
4. 10 – Base T 5. Token Ring
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 1, 3, 5
(C) 1, 3, 4, 5
(D) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
29. In case of Bus/Tree topology signal balancing issue is overcome by
(A) Modulation (B) Polling
(C) Segmentation (D) Strong transmitter
30. Match the following :
(i) Ethernet (a) Deterministic
(ii) Token Ring (b) Utilize the full wire speed
(iii) Cut-through switch (c) Prevent looping
(iv) Spanning tree (d) Checking valid address
(A) i – d, ii – a, iii – b, iv – c
(B) i – a, ii – d, iii – b, iv – c
(C) i – d, ii – d, iii – c, iv – b
(D) i – d, ii – c, iii – b, iv – a
31. In an absolute loading scheme which loader function is accomplished by assembler ?
(A) re-allocation (B) allocation
(C) linking (D) loading
32. Which of the following grammar is LR (1) ?
(A) A®aAb, A®bAb, A®a , A®b
(B) A®aAa, A®aAb, A®c
(C) A®A+A, A®a
(D) Both (A) and (B)
33. A shift-reduce parser carries out the actions specified within braces immediately after reducing with the corresponding rule of the grammar.
W®S2[print“3”], what is the translation of “x x x x y z z” ?
(A) 1 1 2 3 1 (B) 1 1 2 3 3
(C) 2 3 1 3 1 (D) 2 3 3 2 1
34. Context-free Grammar (CFG) can be recognized by
(A) Finite state automata
(B) 2-way linear bounded automata
(C) push down automata
(D) both (B) and (C)
35. Synthesized attribute can be easily simulated by a
(A) LL grammar (B) Ambiguous grammar
(C) LR grammar (D) None of the above
36. In the process management Round-robin method is essentially the pre-emptive version of ………………
(A) FILO (B) FIFO
(C) SSF (D) Longest time first
37. A page fault
(A) is an error specific page.
(B) is an access to the page not currently in memory.
(C) occur when a page program occur in a page memory.
(D) page used in the previous page reference.
38. A semaphore count of negative n means (s=–n) that the queue contains ………….. waiting processes.
(A) n + 1 (B) n
(C) n – 1 (D) 0
39. A program is located in the smallest available hole in the memory is ……………
(A) best – fit (B) first – bit
(C) worst – fit (D) buddy
40. The Unix command used to find out the number of characters in a file is
(A) nc (B) wc
(C) chcnt (D) lc
41. Software Engineering is a discipline that integrates ………….. for the development of computer software.
(A) Process (B) Methods
(C) Tools (D) All
42. Any error whose cause cannot be identified anywhere within the software system is called …………..
(A) Internal error (B) External error
(C) Inherent error (D) Logic error
43. Recorded software attributes can be used in the following endeavours :
(i) Cost and schedule estimates.
(ii) Software product reliability predictions.
(iii) Managing the development process.
(iv) No where
(A) (i) (ii) (iv)
(B) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(C) (i) (ii) (iii)
(D) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
44. Black Box testing is done
(A) to show that s/w is operational at its interfaces i.e. input and output.
(B) to examine internal details of code.
(C) at client side.
(D) none of above.
45. The name of the transaction file shall be provided by the operator and the file that contains the edited transactions ready for execution shall be called
(A) Batch. Exe (B) Trans. Exe
(C) Opt. Exe (D) Edit.Exe
46. The single stage network is also called
(A) one sided network (B) two sided network
(C) recirculating network (D) pipeline network
47. Analysis of large database to retrieve information is called
(A) OLTP (B) OLAP
(C) OLDP (D) OLPP
48. Which technology is sometime referred to as wireless cable ?
(A) MMDS (B) ATM
(C) LMDS (D) CDMA
49. Another name of IEEE 802.11 a is …………………
(A) Wi-Max (B) Fast Ethernet
(C) Wi-Fi (D) 802.11 g
50. The unlicensed National Information Infrastructure band operates at the …………. frequency
(A) 2.4 GHz (B) 5 GHz
(C) 33 MHz (D) 5 MHz