(A) cannot be performed before relocation
(B) cannot be performed after relocation
(C) can be performed both before and after relocation
(D) is not required if relocation is performed
32. Which of the following is the most general phase-structured grammar ?
(A) Regular (B) Context-sensitive
(C) Context free (D) Syntax tree
33. A compiler for a high level language that runs on one machine and produces code for a different machine is called:
(A) Optimizing (B) One pass compiler
(C) Cross compiler (D) Multipass compiler
34. The ‘K’ in LR (K) cannot be:
(A) 0 (B) 1 (C) 2 (D) None of these
35. Peep-hole optimization is a form of:
(A) loop optimization (B) local optimization
(C) constant folding (D) data flow analysis
36. An operating system is:
(A) Collection of hardware components
(B) Collection of input-output devices
(C) Collection of software routines
(D) All the above
37. ....................is one of pre-emptive scheduling algorithm.
(A) Shortest-Job-first (B) Round-robin
(C) Priority based (D) Shortest-Job-next
38. A software to create a Job Queue is called...................
(A) Linkage editor (B) Interpreter
(C) Driver (D) Spooler
39. A permanent database of a general model of compiler is...................
(A) Identifier table (B) Page map table
(C) Literal table (D) Terminal table
40. Loading operating system from secondary memory to primary memory is called...............
(A) Compiling (B) Booting
(C) Refreshing (D) Reassembling