1. Which of the regular expressions corresponds to this grammar ?
S → AB / AS, A → a / aA, B → b
(A) aa*b+ (B) aa*b
(C) (ab)* (D) a(ab)*
2. The proposition ~q∨p is equivalent to:
(A) (B) (C) (D)
3. The number of edges in a complete graph with N vertices is equal to:
(A) N(N−1) (B) 2N−1
(C) N−1 (D) N(N−1)/2
4. Which of the following is not true ?
(B) A−B = A∩~B
5. If (a2−b2) is a prime number where a and bϵN, then:
(A) a2−b2 = 3 (B) a2−b2 = a−b
(C) a2−b2 = a+b (D) a2−b2 = 5
6. The hexadecimal equivalent of (10111)2×(1110)2 is:
(A) 150 (B) 241
(C) 142 (D) 101011110
7. An example of a self complementing code is:
(A) 8421 code (B) Gray code
(C) Excess-3 code (D) 7421 code
8. A sum of products expression can be implemented with...............logic gates.
(A) AND – OR (B) NAND − OR
(C) AND – NOT (D) OR – AND
9. The characteristic equation of the D flip-flop is:
(A) Qn+1 = D (B) Q = D
(C) Q = 1 (D) Q = 0
10. Which of the following logic is the fastest ?
(A) RTL (B) ECL (C) HTL (D) HCL