1. Which header file is used for screen handling function:-
(A) IO.H (B) STDLIB.H
(C) CONIO.H (D) STDIO.H
The header file stdio.h contains definitions of constants, macros and types, along with function declarations for standard I/O functions.
2. The variables in an array are called its ...............
(A) data (B) index
(C) elements (D) subscripts
3. The declaration of a two dimensional array called list with dimensions 4 X 9 is represented as ..................
(A) int list   (B) int list 
(C) int list [4,9] (D) int list[9,4]
4. In a two dimensional array called list with dimensions 4 X 9 the element 2,3 can be accessed by using the expression ................
(A) list (B) list[2,3]
(C) list (D) list[3,2]
5. The purpose of the code, answer = toupper(ans); is to ensure that ................
(A) answer will be rounded to the next larger integer
(B) the first letter in answer will be a capital letter
(C) answer will contain all capital letters
(D) answer will contain no numeric values
6. The content of file will be lost if it is opened in
(A) w mode (B) w+ mode
(C) a mode (D) a+ mode
When the mode is writing, the contents are deleted and the file is opened as a new file.
7. The .............. storage class is used to declare reference variable.
(A) register (B) static
(C) extern (D) auto
8. The name of all functions end with a
(A) pair of parenthesis (B) semicolon
(C) braces (D) colon
9. A float variable can store any variable within the range of
(A) −1.7 ×1038 to 1.7 ×1038
(B) − 3.4 ×1038 to 3.4 ×1038
(C) − 7.2 ×1038 to 7.2 ×1038
(D) −1.2 ×1038 to 1.2 ×1038
10. scanf() can be used for reading
(A) double character (B) single character
(C) multiple characters (D) no character