61. Given the recursively enumerable language (LRE), the context sensitive language (LCS), the recursive language (LREC), the context free language (LCF) and deterministic context free language (LDCF). The relationship between these families is given by
(A) LCF Í LDCF Í LCS Í LRE Í LREC
(B) LCF Í LDCF Í LCS Í LREC Í LRE
(C) LDCF Í LCF Í LCS Í LRE Í LREC
(D) LDCF Í LCF Í LCS Í LREC Í LRE
62. Match the following :
List – I List – II
a. Context free grammar i. Linear bounded automaton
b. Regular grammar ii. Pushdown automaton
c. Context sensitive grammar iii. Turing machine
d. Unrestricted grammar iv. Deterministic finite automaton
a b c d
(A) ii iv iii i
(B) ii iv i iii
(C) iv i ii iii
(D) i iv iii ii
63. According to pumping lemma for context free languages :
Let L be an infinite context free language, then there exists some positive integer m such that any w Î L with |w|³m can be decomposed as w = u v x y z
(A) with | vxy | £ m such that uvi xyi zÎL for all i = 0, 1, 2
(B) with | vxy | £ m, and | vy | ³ 1, such that uvi xyi zÎL for all i = 0, 1, 2, …….
(C) with | vxy | ³ m, and | vy | £ 1, such that uvi xyi zÎL for all i = 0, 1, 2, …….
(D) with | vxy | ³ m, and | vy | ³ 1, such that uvi xyi zÎL for all i = 0, 1, 2, …….
64. Given two spatial masks
The Laplacian of an image at all points (x, y) can be implemented by convolving the image with spatial mask. Which of the following can be used as the spatial mask ?
(A) only S1 (B) only S2
(C) Both S1 and S2 (D) None of these
65. Given a simple image of size 10 × 10 whose histogram models the symbol probabilities and is given by
The first order estimate of image entropy is maximum when
(A) a = 0, b = 0, c = 0, d = 1
(B) a =1/2, b =1/2, c = 0, d = 0
(C) a =1/3, b =1/3, c =1/3, d = 0
(D) a =1/4, b =1/4, c =1/4, d =1/4
66. A Butterworth lowpass filter of order n, with a cutoff frequency at distance D0 from the origin, has the transfer function H(u, v) given by
67. If an artificial variable is present in the ‘basic variable’ column of optimal simplex table, then the solution is
(A) Optimum (B) Infeasible
(C) Unbounded (D) Degenerate
68. The occurrence of degeneracy while solving a transportation problem means that
(A) total supply equals total demand
(B) total supply does not equal total demand
(C) the solution so obtained is not feasible
(D) none of these
69. Five men are available to do five different jobs. From past records, the time (in hours) that each man takes to do each job is known and is given in the following table :
Find out the minimum time required to complete all the jobs.
(A) 5 (B) 11
(C) 13 (D) 15
70. Consider the following statements about a perception :
I. Feature detector can be any function of the input parameters.
II. Learning procedure only adjusts the connection weights to the output layer.
Identify the correct statement out of the following :
(A) I is false and II is false. (B) I is true and II is false.
(C) I is false and II is true. (D) I is true and II is true.
71. A ............... point of a fuzzy set A is a point xÎX at which μA(x) = 0.5
(A) core (B) support
(C) crossover (D) a-cut
72. Match the following learning modes w.r.t. characteristics of available information for learning :
a. Supervised i. Instructive information on desired responses, explicitly specified by a teacher.
b. Recording ii. A priori design information for memory storing
c. Reinforcement iii. Partial information about desired responses, or only “right” or “wrong” evaluative information
d. Unsupervised iv. No information about desired responses
a b c d
(A) i ii iii iv
(B) i iii ii iv
(C) ii iv iii i
(D) ii iii iv i
73. Which of the following versions of Windows O.S. contain built-in partition manager which allows us to shrink and expand pre-defined drives ?
(A) Windows Vista (B) Windows 2000
(C) Windows NT (D) Windows 98
74. A Trojan horse is
(A) A program that performs a legitimate function that is known to an operating system or its user and also has a hidden component that can be used for nefarious purposes like attacks on message security or impersonation.
(B) A piece of code that can attach itself to other programs in the system and spread to other systems when programs are copied or transferred.
(C) A program that spreads to other computer systems by exploiting security holes like weaknesses in facilities for creation of remote processes
(D) All of the above
75. Which of the following computing models is not an example of distributed computing environment ?
(A) Cloud computing (B) Parallel computing
(C) Cluster computing (D) Peer-to-peer computing