31. DNS in internet technology stands for
(A) Dynamic Name System (B) Domain Name System
(C) Distributed Name System (D) None of these
32. HTML stands for
(A) Hyper Text Markup Language
(B) Hyper Text Manipulation Language
(C) Hyper Text Managing Links
(D) Hyper Text Manipulating Links
33. Which of the following is type of LAN?
(A) Ethernet (B) Token Ring
(C) FDDI (D) All of the above
34. Which of the following statements is true?
(A) Smart cards do not require an operating system.
(B) Smart cards and PCs use some operating system.
(C) COS is smart card operating system.
(D) The communication between reader and card is in full duplex mode.
35. The Ganga Action Plan was initiated during the year
(A) 1986 (B) 1988
(C) 1990 (D) 1992
36. Identify the correct sequence of energy sources in order of their share in the power sector in India:
(A) Thermal > nuclear > hydro > wind
(B) Thermal > hydro > nuclear > wind
(C) Hydro > nuclear > thermal > wind
(D) Nuclear > hydro > wind > thermal
37. Chromium as a contaminant in drinking water in excess of permissible levels, causes
(A) Skeletal damage
(B) Gastrointestinal problem
(C) Dermal and nervous problems
(D) Liver/Kidney problems
38. The main precursors of winter smog are
(A) N2O and hydrocarbons (B) NOx and hydrocarbons
(C) SO2 and hydrocarbons (D) SO2 and ozone
39. Flash floods are caused when
(A) the atmosphere is convectively unstable and there is considerable vertical wind shear
(B) the atmosphere is stable
(C) the atmosphere is convectively unstable with no vertical windshear
(D) winds are catabatic
40. In mega cities of India, the dominant source of air pollution is
(A) transport sector (B) thermal power
(C) municipal waste (D) commercial sector