41. Software Engineering is an engineering discipline that is concerned with:
(1) how computer systems work.
(2) theories and methods that underlie computers and software systems.
(3) all aspects of software production.
(4) all aspects of computer-based systems development, including hardware, software and process engineering.
42. Which of the following is not one of three software product aspects addressed by McCall's software quality factors?
(1) Ability to undergo change.
(2) Adaptability to new environments.
(3) Operational characteristics
(4) Production costs and scheduling
43. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true with respect to software architecture?
S1: Coupling is a measure of how well the things grouped together in a module belong together logically.
S2: Cohesion is a measure of the degree of interaction between software modules.
S3: If coupling is low and cohesion is high then it is easier to change one module without affecting others.
(1) Only S1 and S2
(2) Only S3
(3) All of S1, S2 and S3
(4) Only S1
44. The Prototyping model of software development is:
(1) a reasonable approach when requirements are well-defined.
(2) a useful approach when a customer cannot define requirements clearly.
(3) the best approach to use for projects with large development teams.
(4) a risky model that rarely produces a meaningful product.
45. A software design pattern used to enhance the functionality of an object at run-time is:
46. Match the following:
a. Affiliate marketing i. Vendors ask partners to place
logos on partner's site. If customers
click, come to vendors and buy.
b. Viral Marketing ii. Spread your brand on the net by
word-of-mouth. Receivers will send
your information to their friends.
c. Group Purchasing iii. Aggregating the demands of small
buyers to get a large volume. Then
negotiate a price.
d. Bartering Online iv. Exchanging surplus Products and
services with the process administered
completely online by an intermediary.
Company receives “points” for its contribution.
a b c d
(1) i ii iii iv
(2) i iii ii iv
(3) iii ii iv i
(4) ii iii i iv
47. ............ refers loosely to the process of semi-automatically analysing large databases to find useful patterns.
(2) Data Warehousing
(4) Data mirroring
48. Which of the following is/are true w.r.t. applications of mobile computing?
(A) Travelling of salesman
(B) Location awareness services
(1) (A) true; (B) false
(2) Both (A) and (B) are true.
(3) Both (A) and (B) are false.
(4) (A) false; (B) true.
49. In 3G network, W-CDMA is also known as UMTS. The minimum spectrum allocation required for W-CDMA is ..........
(1) 2 MHz
(2) 20 KHz
(3) 5 KHz
(4) 5 MHz
50. Which of the following statements is/are true w.r.t. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)?
(A) ERP automates and integrates majority of business processes.
(B) ERP provides access to information in a Real Time Environment.
(C) ERP is inexpensive to implement.
(1) (A), (B) and (C) are false.
(2) (A) and (B) false; (C) true.
(3) (A) and (B) true; (C) false
(4) (A) true; (B) and (C) are false