General Aptitude (GA) Questions
Q.56 to Q.60 carry one mark each.
56. Which one of the following options is the closest in meaning to the word given below?
(A) Highest (B) Lowest
(C) Medium (D) Integration
57. Complete the sentence:
Universalism is to particularism as diffuseness is to .................
(A) specificity (B) neutrality
(C) generality (D) adaptation
58. What will be the maximum sum of 44, 42, 40, ... ?
(A) 502 (B) 504
(C) 506 (D) 500
59. Were you a bird, you ................. in the sky.
(A) would fly (B) shall fly
(C) should fly (D) shall have flown
60. Choose the grammatically INCORRECT sentence:
(A) He is of Asian origin
(B) They belonged to Africa
(C) She is an European
(D) They migrated from India to Australia
Q.61 to Q.65 carry two marks each.
61. Find the sum of the expression
(A) 7 (B) 8
(C) 9 (D) 10
62. Out of all the 2-digit integers between 1 and 100, a 2-digit number has to be selected at random. What is the probability that the selected number is not divisible by 7?
(A) 13/90 (B) 12/90
(C) 78/90 (D) 77/90
63. After several defeats in wars, Robert Bruce went in exile and wanted to commit suicide. Just before committing suicide, he came across a spider attempting tirelessly to have its net. Time and again, the spider failed but that did not deter it to refrain from making attempts. Such attempts by the spider made Bruce curious. Thus, Bruce started observing the near-impossible goal of the spider to have the net. Ultimately, the spider succeeded in having its net despite several failures. Such act of the spider encouraged Bruce not to commit suicide. And then, Bruce went back again and won many a battle, and the rest is history.
Which one of the following assertions is best supported by the above information?
(A) Failure is the pillar of success
(B) Honesty is the best policy
(C) Life begins and ends with adventures
(D) No adversity justifies giving up hope
64. A tourist covers half of his journey by train at 60 km/h, half of the remainder by bus at 30 km/h and the rest by cycle at 10 km/h. The average of the tourist in km/h during his entire journey is
(A) 36 (B) 30
(C) 24 (D) 18
65. The current erection cost of a structure is Rs. 13,200. If the labour wages per day increase by 1/5 of the current wages and the working hours decrease by 1/24 of the current period, then the new cost of erection in Rs. is
(A) 16,500 (B) 15,180
(C) 11,000 (D) 10,120