31. Which of the following is an example of circular argument ?
(A) God created man in his image and man created God in his own image.
(B) God is the source of a scripture and the scripture is the source of our knowledge of God.
(C) Some of the Indians are great because India is great.
(D) Rama is great because he is Rama.
32. Lakshmana is a morally good person because
(A) he is religious (B) he is educated
(C) he is rich (D) he is rational
33. Two statements I and II given below are followed by two conclusions (a) and (b). Supposing the statements are true, which of the following conclusions can logically follow?
I. Some religious people are morally good.
II. Some religious people are rational.
(a) Rationally religious people are good morally.
(b) Non-rational religious persons are not morally good.
(A) Only (a) follows.
(B) Only (b) follows.
(C) Both (a) and (b) follow.
(D) Neither (a) nor (b) follows.
34. Certainty is
(A) an objective fact (B) emotionally satisfying
(C) logical (D) ontological
Questions from 35 to 36 are based on the following diagram in which there are three intersecting circles I, S and P where circle I stands for Indians, circle S stands for scientists
and circle P for politicians. Different regions of the figure are lettered from a to g.
35. The region which represents non-Indian scientists who are politicians.
(A) f (B) d
(C) a (D) c
36. The region which represents politicians who are Indians as well as scientists.
(A) b (B) c
(C) a (D) d
37. The population of a city is plotted as a function of time (years) in graphic form below:
Which of the following inference can be drawn from above plot ?
(A) The population increases exponentially.
(B) The population increases in parabolic fashion.
(C) The population initially increases in a linear fashion and then stabilizes.
(D) The population initially increases exponentially and then stabilizes.
In the following chart, the price of logs is shown in per cubic metre and that of Plywood and Saw Timber in per tonnes. Study the chart and answer the following questions 38, 39 and 40.
38. Which product shows the maximum percentage increase in price over the period?
(A) Saw timber (B) Plywood
(C) Log (D) None of the above
39. What is the maximum percentage increase in price per cubic metre of log?
(A) 6 (B) 12
(C) 18 (D) 20
40. In which year the prices of two products increased and that of the third increased?
(A) 2000 (B) 2002
(C) 2003 (D) 2006