31. Which of the following pollutants affects the respiratory tract in humans?
(A) Carbon monoxide (B) Nitric oxide
(C) Sulphur di-oxide (D) Aerosols
32. Which of the following pollutants is not emitted from the transport sector?
(A) Oxides of nitrogen (B) Chlorofluorocarbons
(C) Carbon monoxide (D) Poly aromatic hydrocarbons
33. Which of the following sources of energy has the maximum potential in India?
(A) Solar energy (B) Wind energy
(C) Ocean thermal energy (D) Tidal energy
34. Which of the following is not a source of pollution in soil?
(A) Transport sector (B) Agriculture sector
(C) Thermal power plants (D) Hydropower plants
35. Which of the following is not a natural hazard?
(A) Earthquake (B) Tsunami
(C) Flash floods (D) Nuclear accident
36. Ecological footprint represents
(A) area of productive land and water to meet the resources requirement
(B) energy consumption
(C) CO2 emissions per person
(D) forest cover
37. The aim of value education to inculcate in students is
(A) the moral values (B) the social values
(C) the political values (D) the economic values
38. Indicate the number of Regional Offices of University Grants Commission of India.
(A) 10 (B) 07
(C) 08 (D) 09
39. One-rupee currency note in India bears the signature of
(A) The President of India
(B) Finance Minister of India
(C) Governor, Reserve Bank of India
(D) Finance Secretary of Government of India
40. Match the List – I with the List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
List – I List – II
(Commissions and (Year)
(a) First Administrative (i) 2005
(b) Paul H. Appleby (ii) 1962
(c) K. Santhanam (iii) 1966
(d) Second Administrative (iv) 1953
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (i) (iii) (ii) (iv)
(B) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
(C) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
(D) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)