31. The binary equivalent of (–15)10 is (2’s complement system is used)
(A) 11110001 (B) 11110000
(C) 10001111 (D) None of these
32. 1 GB is equal to
(A) 230 bits (B) 230 bytes
(C) 220 bits (D) 220 bytes
33. The set of computer programs that manage the hardware/software of a computer is called
(A) Compiler system (B) Operation system
(C) Operating system (D) None of these
34. S/MIME in Internet technology stands for
(A) Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
(B) Secure Multimedia Internet Mail Extension
(C) Simple Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
(D) Simple Multimedia Internet Mail Extension
35. Which of the following is not covered in 8 missions under the Climate Action Plan of Government of India?
(A) Solar power (B) Waste to energy conversion
(C) Afforestation (D) Nuclear energy
36. The concentration of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in drinking water should not exceed
(A) 500 mg/L (B) 400 mg/L
(C) 300 mg/L (D) 200 mg/L
37. ‘Chipko’ movement was first started by
(A) Arundhati Roy (B) Medha Patkar
(C) Ila Bhatt (D) Sunderlal Bahuguna
38. The constituents of photochemical smog responsible for eye irritation are
(A) SO2 and O3 (B) SO2 and NO2
(C) HCHO and PAN (D) SO2 and SPM
39. Assertion (A) : Some carbonaceous aerosols may be carcinogenic.
Reason (R) : They may contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is correct, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is correct.
40. Volcanic eruptions affect
(A) atmosphere and hydrosphere
(B) hydrosphere and biosphere
(C) lithosphere, biosphere and atmosphere
(D) lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere